Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 05:13 PM   #1

Black Hardtop for sale

Hello,

I recently sold my 1999 Boxster and am looking to sell my Hardtop. The hardtop is in Phoenix, AZ and I would be able to drive a reasonable distance to deliver; but, would not be able to ship. It does have a defroster and I do have the plastic cover over the latch as one can see in the attached pics. I am looking to get $1,500 OBO.

Chrisn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 10:47 AM   #2

Does the hardtop install with the drop top in place? How difficult is it to install? Where does the defroster plug in? How much does it weigh? The top should fit a 2002...thanks.
boxterdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:58 PM   #3

Wow...wish you were closer..

GLWS!
Old 08-07-2012, 06:09 PM   #4

Yes, the top does install with the soft top down. It is very simple to install and does not take much time - I've done it alone many times; but, it is easier with help due to the size. Essentially, one just lines up the front tabs with the top of the windshield and then lowers the top onto the spinlocks just behind the seats near the side of the car. Then, one locks down the two rear mounting points (spinlocks) and single mounting point in the front where the soft top attaches. Please note you would need to purchase and install spinlocks on your car if they are not already installed. In regards to the defroster, there is a plug on the drivers side behind the seat that the defroster plugs into, you can see the cable on the bottom right side of the last picture. There is a small cover/tab on the vehicle you pop open to plug it in. I am not sure of the actual weight but have heard it is around 55 lbs. It should fit all 986 models. Please let me know if there are any other questions.
Thanks

Last edited by Chrisn; 08-07-2012 at 06:14 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 09:22 PM   #5

Interested in this and I'm local. Sent you a PM.
burnrbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 07:40 PM   #6

Sold!
Thanks burnrbr, it was great meeting you. I am excited to see your car on the track once it's completed.
Old 08-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisn View Post
Sold!
Thanks burnrbr, it was great meeting you. I am excited to see your car on the track once it's completed.
Thanks for the top Chris! It was nice meeting you as well and I do hope you make it out to one of our events. Will let you know when the car is done!

burnrbr is offline   Reply With Quote