Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #1

Original Porsche Childseat + airbag deactivation bar

***************** SOLD ******************

I am selling a Porsche child seat for kids 37 - 100 lbs; it has seen mild use over the years
It comes with the buckle which plugs into the deactivation bar
PLUS the airbag deactivation bar
PLUS the longer bolts to mount the bar

$250 shipped, $200 local pick up
This means you get the seat plus the bar for less than the bar alone costs you at Suncoast

To install the bar you need to take out the two bolts which hold the front of the passenger seat in place (I think you need an E12 nut for that), install the bar and use the longer bolts which come with the bar to secure the bar and the seat. Under the passenger seat you should see a two-prong electrical connector (please check before you buy), that's where the wire from the bar plugs in.

You will need to go to your local Porsche dealer (or an independent with a PIWIS) and get the airbag deactivation device programmed, there's no way around that; check with your dealer upfront how much they will charge you. It should take them no longer that 15 ~ 30 minutes, so they should charge you for 1/2 hour tops.
They probably want to see the childseat to confirm it's a Porsche seat (with the buckle), otherwise they might not do it.

When the device is installed and activated, you need to plug in the buckle into the receptacle in the bar to de-activate the airbag. As confirmation your airbag light on the dashboard will blink for about one minute.

2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car

Last edited by ChrisZang; 04-27-2012 at 01:03 PM.
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote