Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 09:50 AM   #1

FS SE PA: Ocean Blue Metallic Hard-top

Hi all,

Will post pictures tonight or tomorrow night, but wanted to get this up for sale.

I have a Ocean Blue Metallic hard-top that perfectly matches my 99 boxster. I checked the color codes to confirm the name of the color, since Porsche decided to make so many beautiful blues

The inside of it is in 9.5/10 condition. Up close there are so very minor handling marks on some black plastic that is not viewable when installed since it is BEHIND the driver in the dark recesses next to the window. The headliner fabric is perfect. The glass is perfect and has the defroster built-in, and the defroster wiring harness looks and works fine.

The exterior is a 9.0/10 condition. The paint is deep, stunning, and does not have swirl marks. It does have a few minor nicks/chips on it - all fit well within a dime-size and are not noticeable except when looking for them. I am all about full disclosure. The hard-top may have a total of 5,000-8,000 miles driven with it on...it's been barely used. I took it out of storage and water beaded up to a high peak on it - I still cleaned it with klasse all-in-one and then applied klasse sealant glaze to it for protection.

I am selling as I keep the car garaged 4 months a year and find myself not really using it. However, I love driving the car with it on too. At the end of the day, my wife and I are trying and it's time to start conserving, so I'm erring on the side of selling off some parts to the Porsche.

What this will come with:

- a metal hard-top stand with casters and pads where the hard-top sits/leans. The pads are a bit worn, but the stand is in great shape so I just supplement with a terrycloth towel.

- A Porsche OEM hard-top cover with a zippered side - it's an ivory in color

- Spinlocks (when I uninstall them, hehehe)

Asking price: $1250 - this takes into account the accompanying items

Pick-up: I'm looking for pickup of this and the assorted items. I've looked into shipping - I'd prefer not to. I'm willing to drive 75-90 miles from West Chester, PA / Willow Grove, PA, so hopefully I can make it easy on someone who is willing to meet up.

All thoughts welcome. If you have any criticisms of the posting, I appreciate hearing them I would just ask that you PM me instead of posting in the thread.

Joe

P.s. If you are interested in a "winter package", I'll also be selling a set of OEM Boxster 17" wheels with Blizzak LM-22 winter tires (with almost full tread in 205 and 255 widths) and a full car cover. Those will be listed seperately, but I'd love to make this a "package deal" for my own convenience if someone is interested.

06 Civic SI - 114k miles, D.D., unbelievably reliable and fun to beat on everyday.

08 Legacy GT 5spd - 74k miles.
JoeFromPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #2

please post pics i have a 99 dark blue metallic and i would love to see how off the color is.
BigAnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 12:45 PM   #3

Alright, here are the photos. I'm extensive and detailed and aim for full disclosure, so these are as comprehensive as possible.

Inside photos:

Outside

First one is literally housed down after coming out of storage to show the beading

Defects (a few really small scuffs/scratches/chips)

06 Civic SI - 114k miles, D.D., unbelievably reliable and fun to beat on everyday.

Last edited by JoeFromPA; 04-06-2011 at 04:57 PM.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:59 PM   #4

The other marks I saw:

Old 04-06-2011, 06:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAnt
please post pics i have a 99 dark blue metallic and i would love to see how off the color is.
Big Ant:

Take a look at the color code on the sticker under your front trunk lid.

The third set of large letters from the top of the sticker is usually the paint code.

Ocean Blue Metallic is designated at 3AZ or 3AY, with the difference in the two being whether the paint is lacquer based or water based. Sometimes the three-letter code will be preceded by a capital "L" and the last character will not be there (e.g.: L3A ).

Regards, Maurice.
schoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2011, 08:47 PM   #6
JTP

Joe, pM sent. That is the exact color I'm looking for and I'm within pickup distance.
JTP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2011, 06:30 AM   #7

JTP - E-mail sent, good to hear from you again and sorry to hear about the deer!

BigAnt - Pictures posted, let me know your thoughts!

Old 04-08-2011, 03:44 AM   #8

I have a pending sale to JTP - I've gotten more response than I expected, so if I didn't respond to anyone I apologize - I think I got everyone.