Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-16-2010, 09:58 AM   #1

WTB: 986 Car Seat and Airbag Deactivation Kit

Looking for the Britax "Zoom" with Deactivation kit.

Thanks in advance.
Cory

ellinger_c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to 986rgt
Hey Cory, if you find a kit, and they do come up every now and then on ebay and such, I would not suggest using the Porsche seat. Depending on the year it was manufactured, the seat may now be very outdated and there are a ton of very good seats out there that will fit in the boxster if you install the deactivation bar. If your child is of the age where he can sit forward facing, I can not suggest any stronger the Recaro Young Sport. It has excellent padding + support for you kid, transitions into a booster when they get old enough, firs into the contours of a porsche seat without marring the leather, and is one of the few seats to be side impact rated and tested. Here's some pics of my son in his.

It comes in several different color combos, mine is the midnight dessert color, black with tan center. Matches the two tone color combo in my Subaru and still goes good in my black interior for the boxster. Search around on the web and you can find them new for less than 200 opposed to the 250 retail price. PM me if you want the info on the store I bought mine from.

Steve
986rgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 08:45 PM   #3

Ive got one for sale

you can get me at johnleck@comcast.net and I'll send you pics / details.
I've got the britax seat for 30-80 pounders. excellent condition with the deactivation kit.
Old 07-22-2010, 05:10 PM   #4

Exclamation 40 pounder

I need the parts to de-activate my daughters seat and use her booster seat on a 2002 boxster--is that what you have? Is so, how much $ to 87107--I need it ASAP!

boxterdad is offline   Reply With Quote