Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2009, 03:01 PM   #1

Smile WTB Rear adjustable toe arms

I've got a 2002S and I'm getting ready to lower it with H&R springs. From reading the forum threads, I'm going to need adjustable toe arms to get the alignment back to normal. If anyone has some that they removed or never installed let me know. thanx jerry(tfgoss@charter.net)

blackbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:37 AM   #2

Hi Jerry,

Just for reference, I have a 2002 S model and installed H&R springs. I had it laser aligned by a reputable race shop afterwards and did not need to install adjustable toe arms, I'm using all the stock hardware. I dont have the numbers in front of me, but the printout is at home, everything came out perfect.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:00 PM   #3

sounds great. As far as alignment goes, does it feel the same as stock?
Old 12-17-2009, 10:16 AM   #4

just for reference:
I lowered with Eibach springs and I needed the adjustable rear toe arms
I got the cheapos from eBay which work great
2015 FIAT 500e "Nikki" my commuter car
ChrisZang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:34 AM   #5

so what's the deal? Does anyone know why it would be different from car to car. Or, is different from H&R to Eibach? I would think they should be the same.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:04 AM   #6

I think its different between brands. It seems like the Eibach guys need to the adjustable arms much more often.

The car feels a lot different with the H&R springs so its hard to say back-to-back how the alignment feels other than it is good and doesnt pull or corner funny.

I love the way the car handles and looks with the H&Rs but its definitely a lot stiffer, and doesnt like potholes!! As long as you know that going in its no big deal. I still wouldnt go back to stock and on a nice surface, its a blast.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:20 AM   #7

you will need toe arms. anyone who does this will.

Alingment is not the issue, it is the camber / toe settings.

the boxster's rear geometry is such that the camber and the toe settings are married so to speak.

what will happen if you dont have them is that you will have to sacrifice one or the other.

camber is more important than toe angle so that if you DONT use new arms, if you set the correct camber you will be very toe out and will chew up tires like nuts.

If you set the toe correctly, the camber will be to little and the car will handle like crap.

I used the tarret arms. You can also use the GT3 porsche racing toe arms. they are more expensive.

I bought the blue cheap ebay ones first and the knuckle was too large to fit into my wheel rims and I had to pay @ 400 for the tarret.

Good luck, and at 200+ each for rear tires, you will be saving a bundle to do it correctly from the start.
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley

Last edited by jhandy; 12-19-2009 at 05:19 AM.
jhandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:43 AM   #8

I should have been more specific, I had the alignment, toe and camber set. For the life of me I can't remember what he set them to but apparently it was not wacked out and within spec.

That being said, I leave the suspension specs to the professionals as while I am not afraid to turn a wrench, I am not a suspension tuner and would probably tune myself backwards!!

At $400 a set I havent been able to get enthusiastic about getting the tarrets and I don't trust the cheapo ones. I guess if I eat through tires I will re-evaluate it but I've got about 5k on the new rears now and so far so good.
Old 12-18-2009, 12:51 PM   #9

as for the tires, they will look fine on 90% of the tread. Look for the inside wear in a strip of about 1 inch. the outside of my wheels had great rubber, but the inside was showing belt.

It might be because I have a factory M030 setup, and the car rides a little low from the start. The lower you go, the more screwed up it gets without a longer tie rod.

It is just impossiable not to happen. Stick your head under the rear of the car and you will quickly understand why. you cant change one without the other.
Pedro rear stabilizer bar, CF strut braces, Maxspeed headers with 100 cell cats, Fabspeed cat bypass pipes, H&R springs with M030 setup, TRG rear links, EVO air intake, B&M Short shift kit, Raby IMS upgrade, Raby underdrive pulley
Old 12-18-2009, 01:50 PM   #10

Garage
how do you know if you have MO3O suspension? other than the hood sticker? does it look different?
Lobo1186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 05:17 AM   #11

It is stiffer, and rides a little lower than stock.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:01 AM   #12

My car is a 2002 S. How do I know if I will need the adjustable toe arms? Sounds like I should get them anyway for insurance.
Old 02-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #13
mts

Where can one purchase the Tarret rear toe arms?
2004 550 SE #1081 of 1953 (sold)
1997 911 Targa (sold)
mts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 02:48 PM   #14

http://www.tarett.com
450$

to answer the previous question. You will need it. No exception that I can think of. When the car lowers the control arm must get longer. Stock arms will not extend enough.

Porsche motorsports also sells a version. for the GT3. TRG has a version as well.

Tarett and Porsche GT3 are identical. Tarett is cheaper.