Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2009, 01:34 PM   #1

New Recaro SPG XL F/S

I am selling a brand new Recaro Profi SPG XL seat. I have had a Recaro Profi SPG XL seat in my Boxster since January. A small flaw appeared in the seat, so Recaro replaced it under warranty. So the seat I am selling is brand new. It has never been mounted in a car, and nobody has sat in it. The date on the seat is 5/19/2009.

I am selling the seat with Brey Krause adapters (R-9040), a Recaro slider (Tunnel Side Seat Belt Anchor), Brey Krause driver's side, side mount brackets (R-9062), and the Brey Krause Tunnel Side Seat Belt Anchor (R-9005). This fits '99 and newer 911s, Boxsters and Caymans. According to Brey Krause, this is the lowest you can get this seat in a Boxster. I imagine that would be the same in a 911.

The mounts required some modification to make them work. This has all been done, and the mounts are assembled. I will likely bolt the assembly to the seat for shipping. All that you will need to do is connect the seat belt, seat belt sensor wire and bolt the seat to your floor. The modifications needed to make this setup work are:
*Enlarge one of the holes on the Tunnel Side Seat Belt Anchor so that it lines up with the holes on the adapters (R-9040).
*Replace the Recaro cap screws used to mount the side mounts to the sliders with shorter cap screws that would not make contact with the adapter (R-9040) screws.
*Grind the edge of the above cap screws at roughly a 45 degree angle so they would not contact the bottom of the seat. Without doing this, the seat pushes the bottoms of the side brackets outward at the back, making it impossible to line up the adapter holes with the floor.
*Grind a small amount of metal from the front end of the bottom part of the slider to allow a wrench to fit on the floor mount bolts.

To buy all this hardware new would cost you $1419.
Seat 1029
Side mounts 99
Adapters 119
Side belt mount 70
Sliders 102

I'm looking to get $1200 for all of it. Buyer pays shipping.

Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote