Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2004, 05:33 PM   #1

Wheels 4 Sale

Hey guys and gals,
Thought I would extend the opportunity to you all on this board before seeking an auction or something like that. I am putting up for sale my 18" Turbo twist rims with all 4 michelin Pilot Sports.
Front two tires are 225/40-18 and the rear are 275/35-18 The rims are in perfect condition, no scrathes. The tires have less then 4000 miles on them and have never been abused. The wear is perfectly even and still has 3/4 of life or more left on them. If anyone would be interested in making me an offer I would be happy to let these go to someone on this board.
I am looking to buy 19" wheels and tires this next week or two so the tires will be coming off either way and it would be nice to sell and ship these out to someone or if you are someone local to the DC area I would be happy to meet up with you to show the wheels.
Let me know or else email me @ jfmillr@speakeasy.net
Thanks!

jfmillr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 07:03 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to phrankandbeanz
what wheels did you decide on?
phrankandbeanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 03:20 AM   #3

I cant remmeber the name off the top of my head. I looked at them from the shop that I go to about 6 months ago. Later today I am going to drive down there and look at them again. The one thing I recall most about them is that the rim doesnt have lug nuts. The company that makes them has a system which removes your typical lug nuts and makes an adapter which creates a center hub which the rim locks onto. Its a racing wheel meant for easy on easy off. There is a locking mechanism which a key is required to remove the wheel, but only has one single center hub the wheel slides on and off with. I also recall the wheels being extremely light.
When I have more info today I will take my camera and take a picture of them.

Last edited by jfmillr; 12-02-2004 at 03:22 AM.
Old 12-02-2004, 07:46 AM   #4

Easy on and easy off sounds like:

"Geez, I had no idea the theives would be able to steal my wheels so fast!"

What works well for a race track may not be so good in a car that goes out into public places even if it's a rare day you park it outside of your garage.

Something to consider with this purchase.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 09:46 AM   #5

Yeah I hear you. Actually these wheels and center hub have a key which is required to remove the rim from the hub..here is apicture of the wheel. I dont have a pic of the locking center hub but it looks like a regular key, but is lasercut to prevent copying so easily....
here are the wheels I am thinking of buying....

They are made by a company called ATS. Thery are extremely strong and lightweight. I am told these are extremely rare wheels and only come in 19" and 20"...I am obviously looking for the 19"
Old 12-02-2004, 10:17 AM   #6

Here are the wheels I am looking to sell. Rims and tires.the wheels are in as good a shape as brand new. They have been pampered from the begining and recently refinished to bring out the shine. I amonly showing 2 of the tires. One front, one rear. Once the tires are off the car i will take a group photo.
225/40-18 Michelin Pilot Sports

275/35-18 Micheclin Pilot Sports

I will consider any reasonable offer

Last edited by jfmillr; 12-02-2004 at 02:46 PM.
Old 12-02-2004, 03:11 PM   #7

I am interested. Please send me an e-mail to claudiocapoccia@hotmail.com
claudio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 04:37 PM   #8

email sent...
Old 12-02-2004, 05:21 PM   #9
Lux

The Carrera GT uses a single lug wheel. Doesn't it need to be torqued to something like 480 lb/ft???!!!

You're going to have to torque that high with these single lug wheels too, right? To make up for the 5 x 100 lb/ft lug nuts on the regular wheels? It might not be too convenient in reality.
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2004, 06:11 PM   #10

yeah they make a tool which I will carry in the spare tire compartment which will allow for me to do it myself. It is a torque wrench of sorts.
Old 01-29-2005, 10:59 AM   #11

Hey guys...been a while since I posted anything.... Well the time finally came and my wheels arrived from ATS in Germany. Here are a few pics......

Old wheels are still for sale with black and silver center caps.....Any offers? They are in great shape....
The old wheels are 7.5" wide in the front and 9" wide in the back. both are 18" rims
FYI my new wheels are 9" in the front and 10" in the back.....I had to melt the plastic in the front wheels well to accomodate for the wider rim. Wheels turned in either direction and no rub
PS- I am selling a new pair, used for 3 weeks ...Porsche OEM wheels spacers, extended lug nuts with extended locking lugnut.....anyone interested in those?

Last edited by jfmillr; 01-29-2005 at 11:02 AM.
Old 01-29-2005, 12:44 PM   #12

I would be interested in the spacer kit if you still have them. How wide are they and could you send a pic of them?
Old 01-29-2005, 08:55 PM   #13

The spacers are 5 mm. I dont have the parts in my posession at the moment but after the weekend I will pick them up, bring them home and take apic of them to post....
Also to answer someone elses question the center locking lug nut take 400 Nm or 260 lbs of torque to keep them on. The ATS kit for these wheels is quite impressive....I might post a pic of the install intrustions if anyone is interested how the system works....

Last edited by jfmillr; 01-29-2005 at 08:57 PM.
Old 01-31-2005, 12:27 PM   #14

Wheels look great!!! Those ATS wheels are really nice. Any chance of taking a few closer up shots? I would be interested in the directions you speak of. Will this fit on any 986? Do you show your car in any shows? Its by far the best looking 986 I have seen
freaky986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2005, 12:35 PM   #15

Thanks! I would be happy to share that information. I will create a new thread showing some more pictures and showing the instructions for mounting these wheels. Back to the origional topic....
My wheels are still for sale...$600 for the rims and buyer pays shipping. This also includes the black and silver center caps. And for $950 I will sell rims, center caps, 5 mm wheel spacers, extended lugnut and locking lugnuts(all extended) and pay for shipping. Let me know if any of you are interested....Either respond here or else send me a private msg....
Thanks!
Old 03-07-2005, 09:15 PM   #16

Send a message via AIM to Rudolph Send a message via Yahoo to Rudolph
18" rims

Do you still have them? If so, how much do you want for them? Email me off-group at rudolphdavid at yahoo dot com
Rudolph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 04:38 AM   #17

Send a message via AIM to Shortbus Send a message via MSN to Shortbus Send a message via Yahoo to Shortbus
I sent you a email, I can pick up the wheels I live in Herndon VA if you still gots em!!!

Christian -
Shortbus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2005, 04:49 AM   #18

UPDATE:

For anyone interested in these wheels.....
I am only selling the rims...the center caps i am throwing in for free.
Still interested????
send me a private email and talk more there.....
Old 03-25-2005, 05:32 PM   #19

I want your OEM Porsche 18 wheels with tires!

panhdlce@gulftel.com
Seth Bullock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2005, 05:39 AM   #20

Hello? do you ever check your private messages? I sent you two. the first was on the March 15, today is April 2nd. You asked anyone interested to send a private message. In my last post I sent my e-mail addy for you to reply if you wanted to e-mail me direstly as oposed to a private message.

Seth Bullock is offline   Reply With Quote