Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2008, 01:16 PM   #1

Asanti Wheels Pirelli Pzero tires

Three piece 19" Asanti wheels in perfect condition with no rash with Pirelli PZero Tires. The tires are at ~70% and are ready to bolt on. The tires are 2,200 at tire rack, the wheels are 4,200 at discount tire. I am not home right now so cannot check the tire size but I know the rear is 295-30r19

I will dump the whole set for 3000 + shipping. I will take offers to sell the wheels seperate

Links to Wheel & Tire sites:
http://www.asantiwheels.com/gallery/flash/
http://www.discountedwheelwarehouse.com/Store_Detail.cfm?ID=120026&InfoID=2505&ShowLarge=True
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=PZero&partnum=93YR9P0XLV2&vehicleSearch=false&fromCompare1=yes&place=6

nola911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:38 AM   #2

Wow, so you got the 996, cool! Did you ever determine what that front bumper is, does it have a fiberglass lip added on at the bottom? Looks pretty aggressive. I might want to consider that look for the MK1 GT3 bumper I've got.

The wheels are just amazing! Do you think they'll fit a Boxster though? They're pretty wide in the rear....
Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 10:16 AM   #3

Kirk,

I have no idea if they will fit. I thought the narrow 996 and 986 rear ends were the same dimensions.

The front bumper, lip, and mesh is cargraphic according to the previous owner. I like the look, but I like the turbo techart bumper a lot more. I want to find a rip off version of that one.

In the meantime, the car is great. I had my wife convinced I could keep the boxster and the 996 until we decided to put an offer in on a house and now we need the down payment money (if mine sells). The boster sold in 12 hours to a man from norway, which makes me think I should have asked more. Oh well.
nola911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 03:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxferran
I have no idea if they will fit. I thought the narrow 996 and 986 rear ends were the same dimensions.
Hmmm... honestly I'm not sure if they're the same or not. I think the offset might be different. What you may want to do, just to help potential buyers, is take a look at the back of the wheel (assuming that it's off the car) and see if the offset is marked and then post that here. The wheel and tire width along with the offset will ultimately determine whether or not it will fit on a Boxster.

Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote