Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2007, 12:09 PM   #1

WTT: My 2001 Black Metallic Hardtop for your used beater car

What I have: I have a Black Metallic Porsche factory hardtop that comes with the factory rolling cart and the factory cover, very nice condition, I use it on my 2001 Boxster.

What I need: A car that will get me from point A to point B, do it in relative comfort (IE, needs heat and AC), will pass safety and emission inspection, is reliable and that has no mechanical issues. I will consider any makes and models, and also small pickups. Perhaps an old GEO, Honda, Mazda pickup, Ford, etc.

Why do I need this? My 2001 986 blew a rod bearing and my engine is toast. It is currently at the dealership and they are tearing it down trying to determine a cause so we know if it is mine or Warranty Direct's responsibility. Right now I have a loaner car, but if it doesn't work out in my favor, I will have to get an interim car for about 6 months until I can afford to fix my Boxster.

Where am I located? about 30 miles south of Dallas, TX

You can email me direct at navarro@flash.net , PM here, or just respond to the post. Thanks!!!!

Mike

thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 08:04 PM   #2

Send a message via AIM to blinkwatt
Whoa dude,sorry about your engine. Hopefully Warranty Direct will cover you.

Not to jacj your thread but do you mind telling us what happened? Like what were you doing when the rod broke?
Old 11-24-2007, 06:25 AM   #3

Blinkwatt,

Basically just driving along, probably only been 100 or so miles that day, and I heard what sounded like a knocking sound, pulled over as soon as possible. I don't like taking chances so I called a flatbed and had it towed to dealer. Dealer at first thought it was broken intermediate shaft but upon teardown said it threw a rod bearing. According to the way I read my contract with Warranty Direct, it SHOULD be covered, but they've already tried to get out of it once so we'll see how they respond. They've always been great to work with, but this time I'm having to jump through hoops to get it going. They first denied the claim because I didn't have all my engine service records in hand to give them when they asked. However, I was able to call my garages and thankfully they had all my records and i was able to get copies for Warranty Direct. Without that, I would have been screwed. They've asked dealership to further teardown motor so we'll wait and see. If they screw me, I'll ask for the mediation that's mentioned in the contract since the rod is covered according to what I read. I WILL DEFINITELY LET THE BOARD KNOW ONCE ITS BEEN DETERMINED SO PEOPLE CAN KNOW IF WARRANTY DIRECT IS GOOD OR BAD. They've been good for the small stuff so far, hopefully they'll continue. Right now, it just sucks playing the waiting game.

Mike
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2007, 06:36 AM   #4

Best of luck, sounds like you're in for one hell of a battle. If we were closer I would be interested in the hardtop. I have a black 99 which I could use a hardtop for.
YKS 971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:40 PM   #5

I am a couple hours away, but am just in the middle of replacing the motor in my MY01 Boxster S. Might be able to help if you are left holding the bag on the motor deal and want to try a DIY fix (3.4 motor swap anyone?)
Sorry to hear about your motor!

mr2by4 is offline   Reply With Quote