Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2007, 07:15 PM   #1

WTB: Black gauge faces

Has anyone upgraded their Boxster gauge faces from black to another color? Do you still have the black gauge faces still lying around? Do you want to sell them?

If so, please contact me. I'm looking to upgrade (downgrade?) my white face gauges from my Boxster S to the black gauges. Crazy, I know.

wgerola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #2

wanna swap

I want to upgrade my stock black gauges to white. Are you interested in a swap? I don't live too far from you.
ringerdc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2007, 02:07 AM   #3

You really can't do what you're wanting to do.

1. Factory black gauge faces are for smaller engines and the tach redline indicator will be lower than what is actually accurate.
2. The factory speedo gauge face will be inaccurate because it goes to a higher speed than the black faces reach in the same physical space.

Best thing to do is to find an aftermarket source for gauge faces and get them to send you black ones that are accurate for your engine size and model year.

Personally, I think black gauges left and right with a bright colored one like white or yellow or red on the tach is very cool looking.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 10-03-2007 at 02:10 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote