Go Back   986 Forum - The Community for Porsche Boxster & Cayman Owners > Porsche Boxster and Cayman Classified Ads > Boxster and Cayman Parts for Sale or Wanted

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2007, 01:45 PM   #1

Evo Motorsports high flow air intake for 2.7l 986

I have available a brand new Evolution Motorsports High Flow air intake. Comes with everything including installation instructions. I was going to use this on my 2001 986 but after desnorkeling, adding the Porsche Sports Exhaust, and installing Fabspeed Cat Bypass pipes, my car finally has just the right amount of sound I am looking for.

These sell for $379.00 direct from EVO. I will sell this one for $300.00 firm which includes shipping in the Continental US. If no one buys it after a while, curiousity will get the best of me and I'll just install it on mine.

I accept paypal to navarro@flash.net

Take care,

Mike

Here is a cut and paste description from EVO's website:
986 High Flow Intake
SKU:INTK986HF

Engineered for maximum power and sound. This engineered system eliminates the OEM restrictive airbox and incorporates a high flow cone air filter and sealed fresh air chamber. A cone filter has superior air flow characteristics as compared to flat panel filters. The cone filter better shapes the air as it enters through the filter for smoother straighter more formed air. Next, we have CMC machined a MAF housing to the exact tolerances of the OEM housing for precise MAF reading and NO CHECK ENGINE LIGHTS. In addition, the sealed air chamber sections off the cone air filter from the engine compartment so that it can only draw cool outside air for more power. Finally, our system is injected molded from crosslink polyethylene which has the lowest thermal conductivity rating of any single-layered moldable material available on the market today. This is key in keeping intake temperatures low and increasing power

thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #2

I have a 2002 Boxter S, will this fit on my application, and if so is it still available? Also where did you get the Fabspeed Cat Bypass pipes?

Last edited by joyfrog; 07-30-2007 at 08:44 PM.
joyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 10:09 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfrog
Also where did you get the Fabspeed Cat Bypass pipes?
fabspeed would be my first guess.

scroll down
http://www.fabspeed.com/Boxster.html
yellowboxster01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:56 AM   #4

Joyfrog,

I checked the EVO website at http://www.evoms.com and they list the same SKU number for the intake for the S and the non-S 986. Thus, it should fit your 2002 S just fine, and yes, as of this AM, it is still available. I actually got the Fabspeed pipes from a guy over on http://www.ppbb.com who had a set he was selling for $400.00. Take care,

Mike
Old 09-03-2007, 05:46 AM   #5

Intake still available. $300.00 includes shipping.

Mike
Old 09-03-2007, 09:02 AM   #6

Sold to Boggtown.

Thanks,

Mike