View Single Post
Old 05-21-2007, 01:17 PM   #13
hamstur

The same thing just happened to my '04 non-S. I could distinctly hear it from inside the cabin and it sounds like sucking through a straw or a couple pebbles being shaken around a plastic cup. Definitely came from the right intake area. Called the dealer and they suspected might be a loose muffler baffle or bad cat, and 30 miles isn't far, so they said should be safe to drive in.

Three miles out from dealer on the freeway, my coolant blew and temp shot up. They said they bet the noise was the water pump failing, and I've got a '06 Cayenne S for the next couple days. Oh yeah, and it appears the A/C compressor went out on this 86 degree CA day.

When the dealer calls to let me know exaact what the problem is, I will follow-up.

Oh yeah, and my chassis has 27K miles, and the engine has 12K miles. I absolutely love Porsches, and I love my Boxster, but this is the third time it's been back to the dealer...engine replacement at 15K because intermediate shaft blew, oil leak at 4K on new engine, and this at 12K. Makes me wonder if I should have gotten an S2000 and saved a couple thousand dollars...

Andy

Last edited by hamstur; 05-21-2007 at 01:21 PM.
hamstur is offline   Reply With Quote