View Single Post
Old 05-17-2007, 06:43 PM   #7
ejmc11

Hey thanks for all the quick replies, and compliments! I read up a bit about cosmoline after I searched through the forums to figure out exactly what the smell was when I drove the car home and parked it in the garage for the first time -- good amount of smoke bellowing out from the back of the car and a rather distinct odor.. a bit disconcerting at first. It would have been nice for someone at the dealer to have warned me about it! Now I kind of like the smell, it's still lingering a bit in the garage

The dealership I bought the car from, Fred Baker here in Ohio, is having a "mid-engine driving event" at Nelson Ledges next week, should be fun flogging around the different Porsches -- they're also bringing some Cayennes and 911s in addition to Caymans and Boxsters. Not exactly sure how open it is to spectators, but Nelson's has always been pretty laid back. If anyone's planning to attend let me know, or at least be sure to say hi!

I'll be sure to take some more pics once I make it out to AZ, should be some great scenery, and I've got my Carrera S wheels already out there to throw on the car. Clear turn signals haven't come in yet, ordered last week.. Good thing I've learned to be patient after the initial wait!

P.S. Bmussatti, I think you're the guy with the orange fascination/obsession/fetish? - I found two pics of an Orange Boxster in a flickr feed just the other day, in some sort of parade, let me know if you want me to find 'em again for you in my browser history or if you've already scoured the entirety of the 'net for such pics
ejmc11 is offline   Reply With Quote