View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 07:43 AM   #10
FrayAdjacent

Quote:
Originally Posted by joee76
i was searching for an answer on this, but is it not possible to install, say, the 2003 glass convertible top on a 2000-2002 model ?

If you're talking about the WHOLE top, the bars, bows, cables, transmissions, motor - the whole mechanism... it could be done, but it would be PROHIBITIVELY expensive. (probably in the $3-5000 range, if not more)

If you're talking about just the canvas top without the mechanism - no. The 03's mechanism is different, so it's top will not work on an earlier Boxster.

The options for a glass window top are either a Robbins or GAHH. Robbins can be found on Ebay from (IIRC) topsonline, for about $725 shipped, which includes the wiring for the defroster. GAHH, I'm not sure about, but I've only seen it for just a little more than $1000.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote