View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 12:36 PM   #2
RandallNeighbour

All your problems could be related to the same issue, but each sounds like something different to me. Possibilities include...

1. Oil Separator has gone bad, allowing oil to accumulate in the intake, hence the white and blue smoke. Try opening the oil fill cap when it's doing it and close it again to see if it goes away. Turn the engine off first to keep from getting a check engine light if you like. If this alleviates the smoke, it's the separator.

2. Could it be that a pulley is worn and you simply don't hear it at certain rpm's because of other sounds from the car? You should have a mechanic ride with you and hear it firsthand.

3. When this high temp stuff happened to me, I discovered that my primary radiator fan died. To check your fans, bring the car up to temp, park it running with the AC on full blast, and walk to the front of the car. If you can feel hot air blowing from the fans just ahead of both tires (under the front bumper) they are working and there is another issue. If one or both are not working, it could be a fuse, or something else.

Hope this helps... I'm just taking a stab at what I've learned and experienced, so the real causes may be completely different. However, these aren't completely off the mark as possible causes.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote