View Single Post
Old 05-14-2007, 11:43 AM   #1
eze5601

PROBLEMS 2000 Boxster S

2000 Boxster S

Problem 1:

At start up either cold or warm the engine emits white smoke and sometimes a white/blue type smoke. I thought this was typical for the car but now it does it much more than just random. The other dayat a stop light (car was warm) the light turned green and the whole block filled with smoke; it seems to be getting progressively worse.

Problem 2:

A loud “squeaking” noise coming from engine. It sounds like a belt noise but the belt was replaced along with the alternator and the noise is still there. The noise does not get any louder when the engine is reved and seems to go away around 3500 rpm while driving. Once down to idle to noise comes back.

Problem 3:

Car seems to run a little hotter than in the past. From what I can remember the car would run at approx 180 -185 on the highway and go up slightly at idle. The car is now running approx 200-210 range on highway and may go up approx 5 degree at adle.

I think that a piston ring may be bad but I really don’t want to jump to any conclusions at this point. Any advise?

Thanks
Edgar

Last edited by eze5601; 05-14-2007 at 12:52 PM.
eze5601 is offline   Reply With Quote