View Single Post
Old 12-08-2002, 05:59 AM   #9
mjbliemel

Red face Old tires

Well, I had a mixed set front and back. After I bought the car used in May, I didn't like the condition of the fronts and replaced them only with some Goodyear Eagles of some sort. Still a newbie at the time and not educated on Boxster tires then. That was at about 38,000 miles, it now has 46,700. So those went about 8,700 miles and still had a lot of tread left, not much wear. They seemed to work out quite well. Next at about 42,000 I replaced the Rave tires (seemed okay, but I guess they are really crap) with some Yokohama AV520 (?). Those seemed okay at the time too, but wore very quickly. After 4,600 miles I hit the bars. That was a shock.

So now, all new tires, one of the best as far as I can tell that you can put on the Boxster.

I may have some alignment issues, going to have that looked at next week. Right rear suspension is also kind of suspect, have to have that looked at then too. I get a very harsh ride from the rear right wheel when I go over a road joint. Any ideas what the reason for that would be? I notice it on the right, but not on the left. Kinda weird.

I will keep you all posted on how the SO3s work out for me. Have driven about 150 miles on them now and they feel really great so far. My ride is smoother and quieter for one thing.
mjbliemel is offline   Reply With Quote