View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 10:18 AM   #15
TriGem2k

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Thanks for all the reply. I thought surely I would be bashed for posting about my speeding violation.

I know I was wrong and that’s why I have no intentions on actually contending the ticket. My biggest worry is having my driver’s license suspended.

I have attached a copy of the ticket here if anyone is interested in looking at it. Both front and back sides are there.

I was circled as an Infraction so I hope that plays in my favor. I looked up the California violation code and it states the following:

"22348. (a) Notwithstanding subdivision (b) of Section 22351, a person shall not drive a vehicle upon a highway with a speed limit established pursuant to Section 22349 or 22356 at a speed greater than that speed limit.
(b) A person who drives a vehicle upon a highway at a speed greater than 100 miles per hour is guilty of an infraction punishable, as follows:

(1) Upon a first conviction of a violation of this subdivision, by a fine of not to exceed five hundred dollars ($500). The court may also suspend the privilege of the person to operate a motor vehicle for a period not to exceed 30 days pursuant to Section 13200.5. "

From my understanding of that paragraph the MAXIMUM punishment is a $500 Fine and 30 day license suspension.

I have no problem paying the fine; I just can't live without driving as I drive about 30miles a day to Work, Work, & some more Work.....and then the gym.

Is an attorney for a Traffic Ticket really necessary?

@Perfectlap - I am under my parents insurance policy with everyone else in the family and the car is listed under a LLC.

Oh and the posted Speed Limit in the area was 70MPH not 65MPH. Not that 5MPH would really help me out much.

EDIT: Ticket Copy Removed.
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation
-Focal Polyglass 165VR3
-Alpine PDX 5 Amp
-Bose OEM Subwoofer & Midrange
-Audio Controld DQXS (DSP)

Last edited by TriGem2k; 05-07-2007 at 11:10 AM.