View Single Post
Old 05-07-2007, 07:24 AM   #1
TriGem2k

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Deeeeeppp Trouble!

Before I explain what happened to me yesterday I need everyone to know I haven't had a Speeding Ticket in almost 2 years. Also don't reply to the this thread if your just going to tell me how stupid I am for what I did blah blah blah. I know it was STUPID.

A friend of mine was having a birthday party and the JW Marriot in Palm Desert yesterday so I decided to just drive for the day rather than stay the whole weekend because I had too much going on to be gone all weekend. Left my house at about 5am and had a smooth drive down to traffic nothing.

On the way back home I was traveling between 70-90mph....just cursing. I look in the rear view mirror and there is a BMW 745LI coming up behind me fast so I gradually increase speed. Driver looks at me and gave me a nod but wouldn't pass me, he just stayed with me. I began to speed up and so did he. We got to about 154mph on a downhill slop of the 10west highway, as I began to slow down BAMMMM highway patrol sitting on the side of the road just shoots out. The BMW continues and I begin to pull to the right hoping the Patrol Office sees that the BMW is continuing and doesn't come after me. Sure enough I look back and lights and sounds all up the rear of my car. Took the first exit off the highway, Officer comes out and threatens to take the car and take me in. He asks me a good reason not to take me and I had nothing to say at all. HE HAD ME ON RADAR AT 124MPH. I gave him all the information he asked for. He went back to his patrol car and wrote up at ticket for speed and listed 124mph as the approx speed. The Code violation listed is 22348(b). I'M SCREWED.

In posting this I am hoping someone here has knowledge of what I can expect when I receive the notice in the mail. I don't want to show up to the court as I have NO IDEA what I would say to the judge to explain that speed. Is it possible to just pay the fine and get it over with?

I know there are a few people on this forum that do serve as Police Officers in their respected areas. Are there any CHP officers on this forum?

Any HELP you guys can provide is much much much appreciated!

Oh ya and I CAN'T tell the parents! They would flip when they see the posted Speed.

~James
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs
-Powerflow Intake
-B&M Short Shifter
-Pioneer Avic-F90BT Navigation