Thread: Hi there!
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2004, 01:25 AM   #1
Carrera

Hi there!

Greetings from Finland!
Thought I'd introduce myself and my new toy...

I have previously owned a '84 944, '86 944, '86 944 Turbo, '77 911 Carrera 3.0 and a '82 911SC.
This time around I was actually shopping for a '87-89 911 Carrera 3.2 G50, but there weren't any good examples for sale locally and exporting these machines is quite expensive, so that wasn't an option...

So I moved a head and set my eye on the Boxster. Again the local availability was rather poor, so I decided to export one myself. I flew over to Stuttgart, Germany, had a look at my first option, a '97 model silver with black leather full options, hardtop, new tires, 1 elderly doctor owner, low mileage (53kkm's = 33kmiles)... sounded a bit too good to be true. Well in flesh the paint was quite badly scratched, the interior was far from perfect and the big service was missed by 13kkm's = 8kmiles. The seller refused to come down on the price so I walked away and headed for my next choice. It was a '97 model silver car with full Boxster read leather and reasonable options (AAC, heated seats, Porsche CDR-21 with sound package, wind deflector & 17" wheels). It had 2 previous owners in Germany, 70kkm's = 44kmiles with a complete OPC service book. The car was on sale at an official Porsche Zentrum in Siegen, Germany, so the car came with a 12 month used car guarantee. The car was in nice condition for its age so I decided to buy it. The only thing I'm not too happy with is the rear plastic window and yes I've read the threads and I sincerely hope I can find a shop that can just replace the window...

So here's a few pictures

For some reason the images don't seem to stick to the message ... one minute they are fine and the next minute they are gone...

Anyway, here's a link to my Fotki...
http://public.fotki.com/Audifin/porsche_boxster/

Last edited by Carrera; 10-12-2004 at 01:42 AM.
Carrera is offline   Reply With Quote