View Single Post
Old 05-03-2007, 01:33 PM   #2
insite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topless
Nice work Insite,

You patiently seek out leading edge performance upgrades, act as test pilot, verify your impressions with instrumentation and lap times and share your findings with all of us. Bravo!

This is not bolt on fluff, but tested and verified with results. 2.5 sec on a track you already have wired is pretty good stuff. Just for kicks, if you had not made these improvements to your suspension and braking and focused only on the motor, how much HP increase would you need to get the same lap times? 50? 80? Interesting question don't you think? I suspect you are already outrunning most of the 987's in your area with a stock 2.5 motor.
thanks for the kind words. for those reading this, i'd say that maybe .75 seconds was from the stress bar. another .75 was shocks. the final second was all brakes. either way, measurable gains.

to put the lap times in perspective, this was faster than the other boxsters, 996, a 928 race car (2700lb / 400HP), a 928 twin-screw (550HP), etc. i have a buddy with a tricked out '99 box that has a 3.2 in it. on street tires, he ran a 1:14.5. on race tires, he ran a 1:11.7. with my stock motor, i ran a 1:12.7 on street tires. not bad!

this chassis is really getting well developed. it's retarded, stupid fast in corners now. with the brakes, it's just patently absurd. now i need just a LITTLE power......

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg
insite is offline   Reply With Quote