View Single Post
Old 10-11-2004, 07:54 AM   #5
Lux

Quote:
Originally posted by Tool Pants
If Chevy would cut the top off the Z06 or whatever is the current version. I just might.....
The C6 (latest) convertible is for all intents and purposes equivalent to the previous top dog (the C5 Z06) in performance.

But I'll also add in that when I was looking for a Z06, it was because they were blowing them out due to the C6 coming out. $42K for a new one was the going rate and $36K for '02s with around 2K miles were the norm outside of CA. Courtesy on Stevens Creek was still trying to sell at msrp . Carl Chevrolet was willing to give me $10K off sticker. That is where I think the car is worth it. I don't think the car is worth $50K for a coupe and $60K for a convertible.

If you are really interested, I can point you to dealers from the midwest and east that are already discounting up to $2K for the C6. You can either have it transported to SJ or 'courtesy delivered' to your nearest dealer. I'd recommend the former and not the latter. One of my friends did this. Everything went smooth and he was able to save a large chunk of cash vs. the Bay Area stealers. PM me if you want more info.

Quote:
I would not tell them where the engine was on my car.
Lux is offline   Reply With Quote