View Single Post
Old 05-02-2007, 08:41 AM   #13
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by super66
this was the ultimate beef I have with the vette! horrible.....I haven't driven the C6 yet but the vettes I had never ran on run flats and had the same problem....I do liike the new styling but can't believe they got rid of the pop up head lights
I believe it has more to do with front tire width than anything else, but runflats could be a factor. Typically cars that have skinnier tires up front like the Ferrari f430/360 or 911 variants/boxsters etc don't exhibit this type of behavior or at least to a much lesser extent. I've never driven one, but the Ferrari only has 235mm wide tires up front, but massive steamrollers on the back and I've never read a review where tramlining was mentioned. On the other hand Vipers and vettes have wide tires up front and they are known offenders. I'm sure there are several other contributing factors at play, but tire width would be #1 in my book. That's my theory at least. Chevrolet had to go back to fixed head lights so they could offer the C6 with HID lights. Pop ups can't be true projector HID lights thus the switch for the C6. Pop ups are also old school and very few new cars have this feature these days.

Last edited by Adam; 05-02-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote