View Single Post
Old 04-29-2007, 07:45 AM   #8
der Geist

I think I read somewhere that the rear strut tower was a was a waste of your hard earned dollars. It was the Boxster Racing Board. The general opinion was that the rear strut area was extremely strong and wouldn't benefit from the additional brace. I'm sure there are various opinions on this. My wife bought me a Schnell front and rear brace for Christmas last year and while I noticed a huge difference when I put the front on I did not notice any difference at all with the rear brace. So I took it off, then put it back on, then took it off again and I could not notice a difference either way. Considering it was a gift from the wife it is back on for good now. Getting only the front brace was a smart move. As mentioned the rear Schnell brace is a pain in the ass to install. Now if you want to really experience a difference put some coilovers on that puppy and get an aggressive alignment!

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote