View Single Post
Old 04-26-2007, 07:49 AM   #7
FrayAdjacent

Makes sense to me, I figured the water was the cause of the problem. I had also read it was the alarm control unit, not the DME under the seat. It acted like the starter kill had engaged. Everything worked, but the starter didn't kick in.

When I get back home (I'm in DC until Tuesday), I'll see if I can check the drain tubes.

If anything else, I might find one of those rainfly type car covers (the one that covers only the top, not the whole car) on Ebay... and deploy when the weather looks crappy.

I'll post an update when I can check the drains. Still seems silly of Porsche to put something important to the vehicle's functionality (not to mention expensive!) under the seat where water can accumulate if other things don't work like they should... or say someone leaves their top down and gets caught in serious rain.

http://www.zoto.com/frayadjacent/img...f27a-4a399.jpg <---- my car. ^ crap I post.

"The existence of the flamethrower is evidence that someone, somewhere once said 'I want to set those people over there on fire, but I don't want to have to walk over there to do it.'"
FrayAdjacent is offline   Reply With Quote