View Single Post
Old 04-23-2007, 11:24 AM   #1
icedude

2002 Boxster base- need your help and advice with VIN Check

Hi everyone,

I am in the market for a 2002 Boxster and have found one locally through a used dealership (non porsche). It's silver with blue interior and blue top. 36,000 miles and firm on the price of $24,500. It looks very clean and I will have a PPI done on it first.

However, I wanted to know if there was any resources (other than Car Fax crap) where I can give the VIN number and they can see if any major maintenance or body work has been done. Do Porsche dealers have the ability to punch it in and find out any maintenance records even though it wasn't maintained at that particular dealer?

I saw a Boxster S that was in perfect shape but new where it was bought new and maintained. When I called the dealer, they told me it had over 8000 dollars in body repair work and the guy told me it was smashed up pretty good. So, had I not had that information, I would have never known it was a wreck.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Even if you think the price or mileage is not good, etc. You guys are the experts in my book.

Thanks
icedude is offline   Reply With Quote