View Single Post
Old 04-22-2007, 05:29 PM   #11
thenavarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilson95
Navarro-

Looks good sitting still, but I'd also be concerned about transitions over driveways/pulling into gas stations, etc about scraping.

I'd be interested to see how you feel the handling has changed. I've always been a little disappointed about the understeer that Porsche engineered into the car. I didn't buy a mid-engined car to handle like a Honda Civic.

I think I'd go for the ROW M030 so you get the Stuttgart engineering and the extra suspension bits.

Let us know if it is more neutral or more oversteer at the limit now.

Jeff
Hi Jeff,

I have not yet had the opportunity to take it to the track to test it at its limits. Just driving around the highway and streets, the steering seems to be more responsive, IE, it doesn't seem like you have to work as hard to turn in the curves, and it feels more stable and planted around the curves. I'm not an engineer, so I just state what if feels in the seat of my pants, much more important than a data sheet anyway. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks, I'll get a chance to take her out to Motorsport Ranch and see if I can feel a difference there. The Boxster was always a great handling car to begin with.

I know what you mean about the ROW M030, but I decided I wanted my car lower than it offered. However, I did call sunset to order the ROW M030 as I was going to use the H&R Springs and combine it with the other suspension components of the ROW M030, and they did not have any of them in stock so I just decided that was the sign to just do the springs and to save a little money (at least in the short term) for other mods such as painting my hardtop Seal Grey instead of Black Metallic.

I'll let you know how it handles once I get out to Motorsport Ranch. Take care,

Mike
thenavarro is offline   Reply With Quote