Thread: Fed up!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2004, 06:06 PM   #24
saphriel

Quote:
Originally posted by Subanez
Enjoy the remarks, folks. Even the bad ones. It simply means that to most people in the world, the name PORSCHE still holds that awe-inspiring, jealousy-inducing power. That's what we like. We want people to understand what our vehicles really are, that they AREN'T the 350Z in the parking lot, that a tricked out Honda can't come close.

I knew when I bought my Boxster that I would have all of these comments come my way. It may sound trite, but even when I had an Acura, I got many comments like that. It came as no surprise.

And if you really want to "play" the field, just smile when people ask you how much it costs. If they are going to be ignorant and claim that you are "too rich for your own good," let them think that way. (By the way, I'm 23, and nowhere NEAR being "too rich for my own good," hahaha)

We all make choices in our lives, and I CHOOSE PORSCHE.

Haha! Good one. Well said!
Fortunately, I haven't had some of those aforementioned aweful things happen to me (*knocks on wood).

I honestly can't understand why people would even envy others for their success (or even a perception of success). If you perservere and work hard, seeing something nice like a Boxster should serve as an inspiration. It certainly did for me when I was a university student working 2 jobs and caring for a family!. Did I envy the guys that drove them? Not at all! I wanted to be those guys! Hence I busted my butt, worked really hard and now I have a beautiful Boxster to call my own.
saphriel is offline   Reply With Quote