View Single Post
Old 04-13-2007, 06:59 PM   #1
nola911

I Won Nashville Opera Auction!!! Now What???

I do not mean to sound pitiful, but I have a serious dilema. I won a BMW Z4 Convertible last night! I have not slept yet and I cannot stop shaking. Sounds great, huh? But there is a problem.

The problem is to pay the income tax and sales tax, I will need to sell the boxster... or sell the new z4 and have the opportunity to come out with a little $. The box is paid for and I am totally in love with it. I mean during the day yesterday (before I got the news) I was in my garage 3-4 times just staring at it. It has been a dream car of mine for years and I just had the financial chance to buy one 2 months ago. The box is a 2000 2.7 with 40k miles. The z4 is brand new 2007 3.0 roadster. To keep the box and sell the z4, I make around 15-20k after all taxes. To upgrade, I sell the box and have a new z4 but owe nothing after using the box for cash. My problem is that I hate the z4. I test drove it, it is fast, but feels junky. It has a lot of thin plastic, the trim pieces feel loose, the gaps in interior pieces are uneven, the leather is fake, and it is not my boxster. It feels like a girl's fun in the sun car.

The dealership locally had a 2005 z4 with 4k miles for 25000. That is a 20k hit in 2 years. OUCH. That means in 4 years, it is roughly the same value as my boxster... which in my opinion will be a timeless car. A beauty all the way from flash to antique. What would you do!?!?!?

I hate to loose the boxster, but I love to be under warranty.

p.s. I just added litronics, new tails, new sidemarkers, new wheels and tires, new sill protectors, guage trim rings!
nola911 is offline   Reply With Quote