View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 09:55 PM   #7
ray986s

Quote:
Originally Posted by blinkwatt
KEEP YOUR CAR AWAY FROM ANY MAINSTREAM CAR AUDIO PLACE!

Not to sound arrogant or anything,but these aren't cars that role into Best Buy or Circuit City's car audio shops everyday. Maybe a Jetta or Corolla,not a Porsche! Call your local dealership and see if they can recommend any shops around town to work on your car.

Good Luck!
I would agree with you on mechanical items, but on the stereo??? Funny you mentioned Jetta, did you know some of the vw including the jetta share the same wiring harness for the stereo. As far as the wiring, Porsche does not do anything too special with their wiring. In fact on the 97-03 Boxsters are quite simple head unit to amp in the front trunk to 4 speakers. I just did a custom double din install on my uncles 99 boxster. I installed the new pioneer avic d3 with navigation and wired it the factory amp. Porsche was even kind enough to easily provide the speed sensor right on the wire harness. I also installed a pioneer navi unit in my boxster, but did a whole upgrade on the amps and speakers. In other words, yes do your research on the shop you want to use, but dont let them think its a bigger job than it actually is. Its a simple radio swap.
986s sport design pkg, aerokit 1, litronics,deviating seat stitching, guards red seat belts, cf ebrake/shift knob,ssk, sport seats, hard top, full alpine system with 8" sub, mb quart speakers, Champion rg5, Eibach springs, sport exhaust, rear stess bars, custom ecu program, desnorkle intake, euro bumper, rear diffuser
ray986s is offline   Reply With Quote