View Single Post
Old 04-12-2007, 05:41 PM   #1
Bavarian Motorist

I'm not sure I like the attention :(

Well, since the snow & salt stopped ruining my car's perfect complexion, I have been getting compliments almost every day on my car.

I always appreciate compliments, but many times I am irked at the fact that these people don't know crap about my car or cars in general.

Usually it's, "How fast do that really go?", was one I got at a stop light recently.

Just the other day, one lady asked why the blue tape was all over my car. I told her I was racing (autocrossing) and she was like, "What does it do in the 1/4 mile?"

I replied, "I dunno. Maybe 14.2 ...?"

I couldn't believe her response. "14.2 for a PorSH? Ehh.. (as if to say, 'that's not that good') I had a mustang that ran low 9s."

Then yesterday at some rednecky gas station somewhere in upstate NY. Nice folks, but of course the inevitable, "How fast does it go?"

Sometimes I try to explain as briefly as possible that it's not that type of car, but most of the time I just let them think what they want

Just wish I got more compliments based on knowledge of the car itself and what a masterpiece it is rather than merely how PRETTY IT LOOKS. I know it's a looker... but that's not all it is :-\

What do you guys think?