Thread: Fed up!!!
View Single Post
Old 09-25-2004, 07:12 AM   #13
QporscheQ

I have seen a lot of this myself, but 99% of it was from people at work. The only time I really remember something like this was when I was washing my car one afternoon and a bunch of guys ( high teens low twenties ) drove by in some non-descript 4 door American sedan thing and one of the guys in the back seat flicked me off. I started laughing and the guy turned away really fast like he realized how stupid he was.

I moved here to St. Louis a few years ago after being born and raised in the Northern Virginia area. To say that the attitudes of the two “peoples” are different is an understatement. I was the first "young" person to be hired at work with limited exception in the last 15 years. The vast majority of people that I work with are VERY conservative and typical Mid-Western types. I got a lot of the "how can you afford that . . . . ect" BS. One guy went the opposite direction and called me overpaid. I have found that many people here are very resistant to change, hate vehicles not made in America, and skeptical of the morally corrupt individuals from either coast. I represent all three to them.

A few people have also made the point that most people don’t know what a Boxster costs. I 100% agree with this. The other day I was at a local park and some guy came up to me and asked what kind of car this was. He responded "Wow . . Porsche Boxster . . . we don’t get many of those around here." However, there really aren’t many around here. It’s not uncommon for me to go 2 or 3 weeks without coming across another Porsche let alone a Boxster. However, there are 9 million Corvettes.

Anyway, sorry this became long winded.

"Changing St. Louis one Mid-Westerner at a time since 2000"