View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 07:00 PM   #2
clb0099

i use to work for a detailing shop (4yrs) and one of the worst colors to compound was a black car. I forget if for some reason the clear or something in the paint makes it almost scratch easily . The worst is the fact that black shows so much swirl marks depending on what compound or wax you use. I have 3m protects (compound ,swirl remover, and wax) . I had a blk mb too and used the the swirl remover when i compounded the car. I do suggest one thing that using like dawn to wash you car is a no no . The reason i say this is if your just using it to clay the car with then it's ok . After you compound it for any fine scratches then wax it you have pretty much sealed the paint. Now the next time you clean your car you have to use a soap make for car washing cause by using dawn or any other soap may very well strip the layer of way you put on your car . The wax may not come on that wash but slowly you will lose that the wax smooth feeling on your car. Go to pepboys or where ever and look for a car wash soap with wax in it to it adds another layer of protection on top of your already waxed car.
clb0099 is offline   Reply With Quote