View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 10:05 AM   #1
aBsOlUt

Am I cheap? Story of a front bumper...

Well, about 3 months ago I was stupid enough to lock myself out of the car without the spare key nearby. However, I called 1-800-PORSCHE to call for a tow vehicle to unlock the car at the dealership or whatever they do best.

Well they told me a guy will come and unlock the car. Guess what? The guy the moment he walks out of his van mentions to me he never has done a Porsche. Next thing you know he pulls out a stick and tries to go through the window to click the trunk button down there.

During the process he scratched my black plastic part that connects the top with the window. You can see it on the GAHH yellow boxster commercial to your left on this website if it is on. Its the trim around the top.

The scratches were a lot and noticeable and caused alot of frustration. Turned out the guy left and I got my spare key 3-4 days after (was not near at home). I called back the 1800 number and was furious with the service and how come they sent me such an inexperienced guy to unlock my car - despite my stupidity. They said they can even replace the whole top but I decided against it as I needed the car and grew out of it, plus installing new stuff can always cause problems. They said I can call them any time about it.

Fast-forward today. A dent in my front bumper and a very noticable scratch from a hit and run in parking lot. The insurance said I will pay the deducatable and they cover the rest without the insurance going up.

Am I cheap if I call back the 1800 number and tell them to cover the cost of the bumper instead? I dont mind paying my deductable (500$) and get a brand new bumper but I feel their service back then was very poor and very frustrating. I still hate that day till now.

Advice?
aBsOlUt is offline   Reply With Quote