View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 11:59 AM   #9
insite

i got these because i've been experiencing fade at the track during extended lapping sessions. FYI, the fronts are 'plug-and-play' and the rears are close.

i'll be powder coating red w/ white porsche emblems.

pecevil -

why would it require spacers for the calipers? the rear 996 disks are the same diameter as the base box / S box disks. the only difference is the thickness. also, parking shoes for a base box, s box and 996 are the same part numbers.

EDIT: well i'll be damned; the box S and 996 base rotors ARE different. i guess i have some measuring to do. anyone know if the diameter is larger? i thought they were the same as the Box, but 2mm thicker. maybe i can fit an S rotor on there with the 996 caliper? we shall see....

from what i undersand, i only need additional parts if i convert to the S knuckles, because the bearings are bigger, which means that some parking brake hardware needs to be replaced.

since i'm not changing the knuckles, the rear 996 brakes should fit on with no modification at all. i will let you know. also, do you have a link to the FVD kit so i can see what they're talking about? it doesn't really make sense to me. thanks.

also, i'll post my stop distance deltas when i get done with the conversion. i will also be rebuilding and powder coating my old calipers, so if anyone is in the market, let me know (and you can pick the color).

http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...1/KMTGPR-1.jpg

Last edited by insite; 04-03-2007 at 12:27 PM.
insite is offline   Reply With Quote