View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 02:22 PM   #8
Perfectlap

its a good practice to keep two grades of clay around. I use the over the counter stuff before each season, that's usually the harder clay that removes everything down to the paint.
Every few washes while the car is still wet, I use the soft clay and wash again to clear away the sediments that break loose.

Using the soft clay is a better idea than prematurely laying down another coat of wax, which just leads to swirls.

A good practice which I started this year, once the car is washed/soft clayed I use a waffle weave towel not only to dry but to quick detail(Duragloss Aqua Wax, Z8, FK1 425, etc.). I now only use microfiber towels (with the prickly ends) to remove paste waxes or denser liquid polishes that require more bite. When the surface is smooth hooked fibers are overkill and can cause you problems if the towel isn't CLEAN. Switch to a closed loop towel, like a waffle weave (I like poorboys, no thread snagging) or a deluxe concours buffing towel (pakshak monster) for last step shining.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote