View Single Post
Old 03-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #14
der Geist

DJ:

Make sure you document EVERYTHING in writing, the sooner the better as memories fade pretty quickly. I can't tell you how important it is to document every conversation regarding this whether it is with the salesman or the GM-it does not matter. If a judge or arbitrator sees that you have been diligent about this it goes a long way. It also helps if you can send written copies of your conversations to the AG when you file your complaint there. I think that you can forget about the BBB though. They are just a letter writing agency that keeps track of complaints in order to sell memberships. I was in a legal battle with a shady landlord once and when I was able to quote day, place and time of the conversations the judge was very impressed. I ultimately won the case and I think that had at least something to do with it. It goes a long way to bolster up your side of the he said-she said argument. You will always see a good lawyer making notes when he is talking on the phone (typically to use them AGAINST someone). Also check and see if there is an early payment penalty clause. If there isn't your cheapest method of resolving this may be to get the car refinanced by a reputable lender, you will probably get a much better rate. Lawyers fees are gonna stack up quickly especially in the Chicagoland area. I had always heard that financing a car at the dealership was the worse place to do it unless there was a special program. But even then you have to be careful as in your case. I am no expert in financing autos but I am sure that there must be someone here who will substantiate that. Best of luck to you with it.

'03 Midnight Blue
18" Chromes//Drilled and slotted rotors//pedal upgrade//Alum. Door sills//KSPORT Coilovers//Short Shifter/Strut braces/Clear sides/Hard Top/Speedster humps/Intake//Leather GT3 seats/REVO chip with SPS2
'04 CLK55 AMG 367HP!
'86 944 Guards Red & MINT!
'69 911 Black
PCA Member -Northern Ohio
Cancer Survivor
der Geist is offline   Reply With Quote