Thread: Fall Run
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004, 06:55 PM   #1
ReyF

Fall Run

OK - been very slow this season.

Let's get the gang together for the annual Fall Foliage run. Since Charle's departure things have been a liitle slow. Ad attempted to get an early run up to Equinox that never came together. Hopefully we can get the fires going again.

Last year we really hit the colors at the right time the weekend of 10/9-10. I propose the same time. If people would prefer the Sat over the Sun please let us now. The lunch spot at Equinox worked out quite well last year and I think we should go for that again.

Should we do the same route???

I have no problem doing it. Could use a liitle help remapping the route.

Here's a bit of last year's post concerning meeting places.

Departing From:
McDonalds in Ayer, MA, 9:30 AM
To get to McDonalds, take Route 2 West to 110 North. Drive 2.2 miles, you'll see McDonalds off the rotary. We'll park on the left side. Please arrive with at least 3/4 tank of gas.

Itinerary:
Rt 2 to western ma, join ESBB just west of the I-91 intersection at approximately 10:45, 12:30 lunch at the Marsh Tavern in the Equinox Hotel (will be warmer than the open Dormy Grill last year) in Manchester VT, Mt Equinox drive (bring $6 or $8 cash for the toll), loop through some back roads (should include a covered bridge) and back via 91 and Route 2.

If anyone would like to assist in the planning please let me know. Love some input for the route.

-Rey
ReyF is offline   Reply With Quote