View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 11:18 PM   #19
MNBoxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD987
Congrats Bav, glad you're happy with it. Butt-dyno issues aside, the fuel economy increase is impressive. The figures would be more questionable if the math wasn't so dramatic, but your 20.1 median over 7K and my own observations regarding differences in 987 fuel economy under different conditions (or lack thereof) would certainly indicate that you're seeing a marked improvement there.

Bottom-line, people believe what they want to believe. I do find it a bit amusing that a few days ago we had board members ripping their snorkles out with abandon over a reported 1.9% hp gain from removal of a tube but others are singing the skeptic serenade over the remapping of the DME by professional tuners.
Hi,

Say what you will (and you will), but the majority of people doing a remap have stated that it's effects are minimal without intake/exhaust mods as well - just peruse the archives.

Again, impressions mean nothing and I'm doubting even the MPG improvements. More Power and more Torque, combined with increased MPG, all the while beating the Snot out of it? - it's all too good to be true...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote