View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 06:25 PM   #11
MNBoxster

Hi,

Sorry, don't want to sound like a Kill-Joy, but I gotta call BS.

Less than 24Hrs. ago you were extremely hesitant with each gain you reported. Now, all of a sudden these gains (Butt-Dyno only) are Definite?

You say the car is faster? How are you measuring this? How much faster? 0-60? Top Speed?

You say there is more torque? Again, how are you measuring this?

Reported gains in MPG? How much and again, how are you measuring it, the gauge or by measuring the amount of a refill? Perhaps you're not idling as much in the past 24 Hrs. or changed your routes (Freeway vs City driving)?

In less than 24 Hrs. you put 400+ miles on the car? That's more than 6Hrs.40min. driving @ 60MPH - where'd you go? To Boston... and Back? That would be slightly less than 400 miles.

I don't mean to pick on you, but the Placebo Effect is a tremendous thing. It can make people think and feel things which just aren't there.

You're comparing the qualities of the car to a MEMORY of what your car used to be - not very accurate.

Did you record Baseline Data before installing this chip? Were you careful to drive in the exact same manner using the same routes and speeds?

If not, none of your reported gains can be verified, they're just unqualified impressions and that's waay too little for people to run off and spend $600.

I suspect that you're pushing the car harder since the chip install and it's this shift in driving style which is accounting for most of the reported gains.

The Stock DME does a pretty good job of optimizing the performance of the car with stock intake and exhaust. Re-chipping may alter the power/torque curves, but I doubt it added anything significant, if anything at all.

I think reports like this can be valuable to the knowledge base here, but only if the comparisons are real and conducted in some sort of controlled manner.

Good Luck with the chip, I hope that it's really all you report it to be, but based on what I'm hearing so far, I remain somewhat skeptical...

Happy Motoring!... Jim'99
MNBoxster is offline   Reply With Quote