View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 05:54 PM   #10
Bavarian Motorist

Why are our cars burning that much oil? It burns almost as much as a two stroker engine.

Btw... what oil do we need to use for our cars? I have a feeling my dealership will charge way more than what its worth.

OK GUYS! NEWEST REPORT ON THE ECU UPGRADE!

After much careful consideration, testing and driving (at least 400 miles) I have made what I hope is to be my final conclusion.

The car is faster. You definitely feel a lot more torque, especially in 3rd gear where the car used to die off a little.

The exhaust sounds different. A little bit deeper.

The throttle response has improved by a lot.

There isn't a flat spot at around 2k RPM like there used to be. It's not so lively, but it's not flat.

Over-all, after almost returning the thing, I am very pleased. Perhaps it just needed a few hundred miles to get worked in. Whatever the case, it works now and I am still getting used to the new power.

How powerful? It isn't a HUGE boost, but it is substantial enough where you will definitely feel it and then some.

Do I recommend this product?

YES. 100% so far. Call Trav and tell him about the 986forum offer he made ... $600. He will honor it like he honored mine

Btw, the shipping is simple. All you do is print out the shipping label they e-mail you, bring it to fedex kinko's center, wrap it in bubble wrap (costs $2.50) and they mail it out for you. Powerchip pays for the shipping for you from your credit card to save you the hassle.

I don't want to piss off any sponsors or anything, but I just felt there was an interest in the product here that needed to be satisfied.

If anyone has any questions, I'll answer the best I can.