View Single Post
Old 03-12-2007, 07:23 AM   #14
Perfectlap

1st, nice job! MIP is a must have for dark cars. Optimum also does a really good job if you have an orbital polish. 2nd, always take an aspirin after a big detailing session!

3rd, If you are a fan of layering P21s I would suggest trying FK1 FX100 between layers. It's the only sealing glaze I have used that works well over acrylics or carnaubas equally well. It will allow the P21 to last much longer and you won't be wiping off the previous layer of P21s when you put on the 2nd or 3rd or 4th.
But even if you only do one layer of Souveran, P21s, S100 I would seal it with FK1 425 since in my experience, full unblended Carnaubas(no acrylics presents) will attract more dust and debris sitting bare on the paint. An anti-static layer is a black car's best buddy.

I unearthed the car's shine this weekend after weeks of rain, snow, crud, salt etc.
Before the fall weather came I did a modest layer of Werkstatt Prime Strong and the usual post wash application of my anti-statics (either FK1 425 or 166). Yesterday I got out the clay bar and I have to tell you the clay went back into the jar nearly as clean as it came out. That was a post winter first, well winter isn't over yet.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote