View Single Post
Old 02-23-2007, 06:48 AM   #7
porsche986spyder

No one posted anything about this?

I did. I few weeks ago when people were talking about screen savers. I just assumed that everyone had seen it before. Where do you think I got my idea for the red spears/stripping on my car? That RUF RK Spyder is what inspired me. I found it last year while doing some research on the Boxster. The shop here in the U.S. is ironically right down the street here from my house. I went there last year when they had an open house. They had both the RK Spyder and the Cayman there on display. I have to tell you, it looked better in the photos. Inperson you could tell that both cars were just VERY modified "S" type models. Allot of added sheet metal and bondo work was done. The front end is just like any other aftermarket one you can buy yourself. From what I saw, they like to hide all the joints by filling them in with bondo and then sanding them down for a seemless smooth look. Like shaved door handles and stuff like that. The chasis on both cars is identical to the newest Boxsters and Caymans. Nothing special, only the body work and interior has been re-done. The wost part of all, is that after the open house, I was given a free CD that contains pictures of how they did it and what is involded. They are way overpriced. I think because they are Italian designers and engineers that they think they can charge those prices. It's all about the NAME BRAND, RUF. Which is Italian by the looks of it's present creators. They do allot of custom work on Ferrari and Lamborgini. So when they take a German car, like the Porsche and slap some Italian designer's creation on top of it, it kind of ruins it for me. I loved thier work until I fould out everything they do is inspired my an Italian sports car market. To me, that's like wearing NIKE shoes with Addidias socks. It just looks bad. Now I'm not saying their cars look bad, I just like them more when I did not know who they really were. I have used them to work on my car, and will continue in the future. But allot of the stuff they charge you for, you can do yourself.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote