Thread: Tires...
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 10:38 PM   #1
TriGem2k

Send a message via AIM to TriGem2k
Tires...

Hi,

Driving today in the SoCal rain made me realize that my rear tires are due for change. They were way below the "wear bar" and almost flush to the point where the tire had no tread pattern.

I called the guys at Wheel Enhancement and they said to come on in. Took the car in picked out the new tires I wanted and then they told me they wouldn’t fit. My car HAD 285/30/18 Bridgestone S-03s and I wanted to replace them with the model which replaces the S-03 which is the R050A Pole Position 285/30/18. They said the new tire is MUCH wider and will not fit. Is that possible? Isn't 285mm 285mm anyway you look at it? Then they told me that the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 in a 295/30/18 is not as wide as the New Bridgestone and it might fit. THEN one of the other guys comes out and says NO neither the 285 or 295 will fit and that he won’t "waste" his time doing a test fit.

So because my tires were bald and I needed tires I opted for the R050A Pole Position in a 265/35/18. This really pisses me off that I went to a narrower tire. Now if anyone here can tell me that the other tire should have fit I will go buy the tires somewhere else have them mounted and then go shove it in their face. I will be doing plenty of searching myself but if you guys can help me out that would be great. Also if the 285 or 295 do fit then I will post the current ones I bought today for sale on the Forum for a much Discounted price.

Sorry for the rant. Just kind of ticked off that I'm not happy with the width of the tires I bought.

Some additional info you guys might want.
-Rear Wheel size 18x10
-Rear Wheel offset 48mm plus 5mm spacer, which equal 43mm offset

Thanks,
James DeMircift
-Side Skirts
-Gemballa Exhuast and Cats
-O.Z. Racing 18" Wheels
--18X8.5Front 18X10 Rears
-Michilen PS Tires 225/40/18 & 285/30/18
-5mm Rear Spacers
-Porsche Door Sills
-H&R Springs