View Single Post
Old 02-19-2007, 09:40 AM   #5
boggtown

I sent a question through the website and got 2 responses so far.

"Hello Jon. Auto Werks is the local distributor & installer for all your auto customizing needs. The K-40 system is fully stealth & has 3 options. Forward facing intergrated, Front & Rear intergrated & Laser Diffuser add-on.
The base unit is Front & Rear w/ display lights in driver forward position in front of speedo gauges. It cost $599.99 for the unit & installation runs $200. We also recommend the laser diffuser which looks like a license plate cover. Your choice of front coverage or rear or both. Each diffuser runs $225, buy two for front & rear cover & get them @ $199 per. If diffusers are purchased @ the same time as main unit labor on install is FREE. Your porsche may need a license plate adaptor (we can get that for you from Aristocrat Motors (local porsche dealer) we work with them a lot). We also are a full customizer w/ wheels, tires, audio video upgrades, navigation, sat radio (XM & Sirius), & go fast parts to make your Porsche stand out & go. Please feel free to e-mail us. Autowerks@kc.rr.com My name is Brian Kearney or BK to everyone. We strive to create a hassle-free experience. We can help with any & all automotive needs, just ask.

Thanks again for your interest in K-40. If any other questions you can contact me @

Auto Werks
2018 W. 43rd ( West of the Plaza on State Line)
913-722-0438 O#

P.S. Driver to driver. GO GO GO ..... but B Careful. K "

"if your in the kc area, the full radar installed in any car is 1500.00, front and rear with lazar , this is the lastest unit with full protection, call if you need to discuss this more, thanks john
913-888-5780 "

So Im thinking if I get the detector and a front laser defuser and install it all myself its 800 bucks. A V1 is $400 though....