View Single Post
Old 02-17-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
Bavarian Motorist

is this what idiots think of us?

Sometimes I get crap about my car or I hear crap from other "car people". Typical stereotypes and generalizations range from, "You can't afford a real Porsche" to "Your car is a girl car."

I usually ignore the critics because I know I know ten times as much as them about cars and I can't possibly respect an ignorant opinion. That's like if a blind man told me my shirt was ugly and I went and changed it because of his opinion.

Here's one example I witnessed today...

This was taken from a forum I use a lot, my350z.com, which is a community for Nissan 350Z owners.

Quote:
Originally Posted by His post
Sorry guys but a Crossfire no matter how u look at it, it's just girly(like a Miata). As far as Boxters are concerned, it for those like to throw da name out of owning a Porsche(trying to pick up girls..lack of large man-hood). Even the 911 community disliked the Boxter and still does...Don't mean to offend, and can say this being that i've owned a 911 (98). Also born and raised a town away from da plant in Germany(Schwabish Hall, Germany). Up until 1990 before moving to the USA....FYI when sitting at a light what gender of ppl do u see driving those types of cars....Thank-you enough said

I can't get over the utter stupidity and ignorance displayed here. I don't even need to explain why.

This isn't the first example I've seen.

Do you guys get crap also? From what specific groups do you hear it from? How do you respond? BMW communities have never spoken a word other than to compliment me.

This type of ignorance actually upsets me.

If you want to read the thread, http://www.my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234467&page=13

Thanks for letting me rant, guys.

Last edited by Bavarian Motorist; 02-17-2007 at 03:23 PM.
Bavarian Motorist is offline   Reply With Quote