View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 04:57 PM   #1
UroTrash

Your Favorite Detail of the Boxster

I'm talking about PHYSICAL APPEARANCE only!

I'm not talking about performance aspects of the little go carts!

My favorite part of the boxster is the part that I didn't expect: the delightfully stylish interior.

My experience with German cars and older Porsches in particular, seemed to be that the interiors were plain, and rigid appearing, and just not inviting.

Not so the Boxster. When I first looked in one, I was amazed to see the beautiful curves on the door panels, esp the arch of the door handle sweeping up to the door handle. I thought I was looking at an Italian car! Likewise the dash was an unexpected treat. I especially like the clear view over the instruments and below the cowling. It kinda makes me wish I was a 4 foot 8 inch tall little granny so I could look thru the steering wheel and through the dashboard!

Even the stitching is lovely.

Oh, and speaking of the steering wheel, lovely, lovely, lovely. Pretty triangular center that vaguely reminds me of a bikini bottom (well, it does!), and the nice thumb contours at 3 and 9.

Just lovely.

Now, I do love a lot of the exterior features, esp the low nose seen in profile and the curve around the tail lights, but that interior just blew me away!

Oh, and the script on the instruments and door sills, how un-German!

And YOUR favorite part???