View Single Post
Old 02-13-2007, 04:23 AM   #13
Porschekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian Motorist
God damn it. You didn't tell me about the exhaust note yet.

By the way, I would save the money and use FI on your car to get the power. It wouldn't cost nearly 15k and you'd have the convertibleness. So unless the 911-ness is what's important and convertibleness and fast-ness are not necessarily relevant, I would go this route.
Exhaust note was nice... a little bit deeper than the 986 but didn't sound as loud as the Boxster with the top down. I think the Boxster is more of an intake growl while the 996 is more deep exhaust note. I can't really say from the drivers perspective that the 996 sounded any better than the Boxster though. I assume from spectators that the 996 may sound a little better.
I was thinking about forced induction but am worried about reliability. Plus most supercharged Boxsters are 2.5's and not 2.7's so I don't know if there are any problems there. I also would love a 996 engine swap but it would probably cost more than getting a 996 and wouldn't have a very good return on investment. I'm still kinda up in the air though.
But what is so important about driving faster than anyone else?
Lots of people go through life doing things badly. Racing's important to men who do it well.
When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting.
Porschekid is offline   Reply With Quote