View Single Post
Old 02-11-2007, 07:11 AM   #1
AUDIOGUY

Freshly detailed pix using Finish Kare products!

Well, here are the results for the Finish Kare treatment that my 01 S received this weekend. First of all, I did not have time to do this myself, so I enlisted a professional detailer that I work with to apply the products. Needless to say, I am very impressed with the results!

I had emailed Finish Kare and asked what they recommended based on my cars paint condition and color as well as my desired results. Finish Kare promptly emailed back with the following recommendation.

"Preclean first with the 1119 Soil and Coating Remover followed by washing with 118. 1119 will remove all coating from the surface of the paint ( wax, tar, silicones etc.) and the 118 will neutralize any corrosive compound on the surface (acid rain, organic compounds etc.). At this point you will have an excellent surface to apply your protective coating to. The ultra clean surface will allow for maximum
adhesion.

Seeing that it is winter time you may prefer to select option 1. In either case follow this with an application of #2180 Ultra Paint Sealant and a top coat of #1000 Hi Temp Paste Wax and you will be very well protected against all that winter has to offer including the dreaded road salt. The combination of 2180 as a base and #1000 in addition to providing great optics they also are extremely durable, providing excellent protection with build in anti-corrosive agents."

My detailer used in this order:

1) 1119 Soil and Coating Remover
2) 118 Neutralizing shampoo
3) 2180 Ultra Paint Sealant
4) 1000 Hi Temp Paste Wax poloymer based
5) 2 coats of 425 finish detail spray

He claimed that the wax and sealer were difficult to get off once dry but took out
all fine scratches and acid rain spots after they were removed... he attributed this to the prewash and neutralizer as well. He claimed that the products were top quality and I probably "got what I paid for".

Here are the pix! Let me know what you think... keep in mind, my photography skills are minimal.

http://www.fk1usa.com/
check them out!
AUDIOGUY is offline   Reply With Quote