View Single Post
Old 02-09-2007, 09:01 AM   #16
porsche986spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue2000s
The only advantage of the yellow top that I'm aware of is it's ability to take repeated run-downs (deep cycle). Unless there's another benefit, I don't see how that helps with a convertable.
Well, let me put it this way then. If you have an amplifier and a really powerfull and nice stereo set up system, along with the top being used all the time it's going to take a toll on your battery, the Red Top is great, don't get me wrong, I only say the Yellow Top is better because most people that are into their cars have added expensive stereos and amplifiers. I originally started with the Red-Top in my car but switched to the Yellow because of my amplifiier and stereo. If your car is running while you put your top up or down the Red Top should be fine. If you open and close your top at car shows, like I do sometimes without the engine running, then I would sugest the yellow top. Here is a direct link to the Optima Yellow Top benifits.

http://www.optimabatteries.com/publish/optima/americas0/en/config/product_info/automotive/deep_cycle.html

Last edited by porsche986spyder; 02-09-2007 at 09:09 AM.
porsche986spyder is offline   Reply With Quote